[/tdc_zone]
LATEST ARTICLES
Kenya Power Signs Performance Contracts For More Than 6,000 Union Employees
Ghana: Nuclear Power Ghana Gives Journalists Insight Into Nuclear Programme
Ghana: GNPC Profit After Tax Rises 24.88% To $374.99 Million Despite Lower Oil Prices
Nigeria: Dangote Refinery Secures $1 Billion Backing For Planned IPO
South Africa: Ramokgopa Unveils Electricity Pricing Reforms To Boost Bill Transparency
Ghana: NPA Deputy Chief Executive Dramani Bukari’s Burial Set For August 20
Ghana’s petroleum downstream regulator, the National Petroleum Authority (NPA), said on Tuesday that the burial of its late Deputy Chief Executive Dr. Dramani Bukari will take place on Thursday, August 20, in Damongo in the Savannah Region.
The NPA said a book of condolence had been opened at the reception area of its head office in Accra to allow friends, colleagues and industry stakeholders to pay their respects.
In a Facebook post announcing the funeral arrangements, the NPA said Quran recitations in honour of Bukari would be held on Friday, Aug. 21, at noon at the authority’s premises before Friday prayers.
Special prayers would also be held after Friday prayers for the late deputy chief executive, the NPA said, adding that all staff had been invited.
“May we be comforted. May we find strength in the memories Dr. Bukari has left behind. Above all, may his soul rest in perfect peace,” the NPA said.
Bukari’s death was confirmed by the NPA on Aug. 11 in a statement posted on its official Facebook page. The authority did not disclose the cause or location of his death.
“It is with profound sorrow that the Board and Management of the National Petroleum Authority (NPA) announce the sudden passing of our Deputy Chief Executive, Dr. Dramani Bukari,” the NPA said.
“Dr. Dramani Bukari’s passing is a great loss to the Authority, the downstream petroleum industry, and all who had the privilege to work with him.”
The NPA said it was deeply saddened by his death but took solace in the knowledge that he had “returned to his Maker”.
The board and management extended their condolences to his family, loved ones, colleagues and others mourning his death.
“We pray that the Almighty Allah give us all strength, comfort, and peace in this difficult time. May Allah grant our brother and leader eternal rest. Amen,” the NPA said.
Ghana’s Energy Minister John Abdulai Jinapor, representing President John Dramani Mahama, visited Bukari’s family to convey condolences on behalf of the government and the ministry.
In a Facebook post, Jinapor described Bukari as “an accomplished intellectual, a humble gentleman, and a dedicated public servant” who distinguished himself through his professionalism, commitment to duty and service to Ghana.
“On behalf of H.E. President John Dramani Mahama and the Government of Ghana, I extend our heartfelt condolences to his bereaved family, loved ones, colleagues, and the entire staff of the NPA,” Jinapor said.
He added: “May the soul of Dr. Dramani Bukari rest in perfect peace.”
Several players in Ghana’s petroleum sector also expressed condolences, recalling their interactions with Bukari.
The management and staff of Tema Oil Refinery (TOR), the Chamber of Oil Marketing Companies (COMAC), the Chamber of Bulk Oil Distributors (CBOD) and BOSTenergies extended their condolences to the NPA’s management and staff on Bukari’s death.
GOIL PLC Group Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director Edward Abambire Bawa said he first met Bukari while they served together on a subcommittee of Ghana’s transition team.
“I remember you as very affable, kind, and accommodating. God knows best. May your soul rest in perfect peace, bro. You will be missed,” Bawa wrote on Facebook.
Onasis Kobby, Deputy Chief Executive Officer of the Petroleum Hub Development Corporation, also expressed shock over Bukari’s death.
“Ohhhhhhhh Dramani Bukari, how can you do this? I am devastated,” Kobby wrote in a Facebook post.
Nigeria: NERC Tasks Interim Board To Reset Kaduna Power Distributor In One Year
Ghana: COMAC Conducts Mystery Shopping Exercise At Fuel Stations In Five Regions
Petrobras Awards Halliburton Contract For São Tomé CCS Pilot Project
Brazilian state-owned energy company Petrobras has awarded Halliburton Produtos Ltd a contract to drill and complete four onshore wells at the Barra do Furado Station (EBAF) in Quissamã, Rio de Janeiro state.
The wells, comprising one vertical injection well and three directional monitoring wells, will form part of the infrastructure for the São Tomé carbon capture and storage (CCS) pilot project.
The project is the first in Latin America to capture, transport and store carbon dioxide (CO₂) from industrial sources in a saline reservoir, Petrobras said.
The contract marks a step towards implementing the project and supports Petrobras’ strategy to contribute to the goal of achieving carbon neutrality by 2050, the company said.
The CCS pilot aims to test and validate a range of technologies while capturing up to 100,000 metric tons of CO₂ per year for three years.
Drilling and completion of the wells, along with the required infrastructure, are expected to be completed by 2028.
Petrobras plans to begin operations in 2029, followed by three years of CO₂ injection and a further three years of reservoir monitoring.
Brazil: President Lula Visits Petrobras Drilling Rig In Equatorial Margin
Petrobras has reported the presence of hydrocarbons at the Morpho well, where it is carrying out exploratory drilling to assess the area’s potential.
The visit comes as Petrobras advances exploration plans in Brazil’s Equatorial Margin, an area that the company sees as having significant oil and gas potential.
Also accompanying Lula were Chief of Staff Miriam Belchior and Senate President David Alcolumbre.
The Equatorial Margin stretches along Brazil’s northern coast and has attracted growing interest from oil companies, although exploration there has faced environmental scrutiny.


