Ghana: Fifteen Percent Of Ghanaian Population Without Electricity To Be Connected In My Second Term-President Akufo-Addo

0
188
File photo

Ghana’ President, H.E. Nana Akufo-Addo, has indicated that the remaining areas in the country that are not connected to national grid will be connected in his second term.

President Akufo-Addo made the pledge during his inaugural address at his investiture in Ghana’s parliament on Thursday, January 7, 2021.

Ghana’s population, as at the middle of 2020, was estimated at 31,072,940 according to data by the United Nation’s.

Currently, the West African nation has attained electricity access rate of about 85 percent with the remaining 15 percent of the population without electricity.

Ghana: President Praises BPA, Energy Ministry For Execution Of First Micro-Hydro Power Generation Station At Alavanyo

According to Akufo-Addo, the remaining population would be connected to electricity in his second term to ensure economic growth.

“The remaining fifteen percent of our communities without electricity would be covered by the end of my second term,” he assured Ghanaians.

Source: www.energynewsafrica.com

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here