Ghana: LADMA Electrical Engineer Electrocuted

0
1464
file photo

An Electrical engineer with the La Dadekotopon Municipal Assembly in the Greater Accra Region of the Republic of Ghana has been electrocuted while fixing streetlights at Labone, a suburb of Accra.

There were reports that suggested that a man who was hoisting a political party flag on ECG’s distribution pole was electrocuted in the vicinity of Labone.

However, reacting to the reports, Head of Works Department at the La Dadekotopon Municipal Assembly, Ing. Richard Ben Debra said the deceased, Ing. Richard Bortey was a staff of LADMA, adding that the Assembly took delivery of some LED streetlights and he was asked to fix them to illuminate the municipality.

He explained that Ing Bortey started the exercise on Tuesday but could not finish.

According to him, Ing Bortey resumed the exercise on Wednesday morning at Kweku Baako street only for the Assembly to be informed in the afternoon that the engineer had been electrocuted while on duty.

An eyewitness told energynewsafrica.com that she and had earlier engaged Ing Bortey in some friendly conversations.

“Abruptly, he slumped so I raised alarm which drew a crowd to the scene. Unfortunately, he had been electrocuted,” the eyewitness recounted.

The deceased left behind one child.

Source:www.energynewsafrica.com

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here