Information reaching energynewsafrica.com from Sakumono, a suburb of Tema, in the Republic of Ghana, indicates that a man believed to be in his thirties has been electrocuted.
The victim, whose name was only given as Kofi, was said to have been engaged by someone to rectify an electrical problem in the area when the incident occurred.
A resident of the area told Accra-based Adom FM that the incident occurred at an area called Chapel Square.
According to him, there was a power outage in the area following Saturday’s morning rain.
He said the victim climbed one of the ECG’s distribution poles in area to connect power for the customer who contracted him, only for ECG to restore power and, eventually, trapping Kofi on the grid pole.
The lifeless body of the deceased is still hanging on the pole.
According to eyewitness, officials of had ECG arrived at the scene but said they were waiting for the police before they would bring the lifeless body down.