The Chief Executive Officer of the West African National Gas Company, Ghana Gas, Dr Benjamin K. D. Asante, has been adjudged the Energy Personality of the Year for 2019 at an awards ceremony organised by the Energy Media Group.
Dr Asante competed for the award with Mr Gilbert Kofi Adarkwah, Advisor to CEO, Aker Energy, Wisdom Ahiataku Togobo, Director for Renewable and Nuclear Energy, Ministry of Energy, Michael Bozumbil, CEO-Petrosol, Dr Theophilus Acheampong, Energy Consultant, Emmanuel Antwi-Darkwah, CEO -VRA, Chris Chinebuah, CEO, For, Yang Qun, Chairman, Sunon Asogli, and Mr Fred Oware, CEO of Bui Power Authority.
Dr Ben Asante has been very instrumental as far as the development of Ghana’s gas infrastructure development is concerned.
With his over 21 years’ experience in gas industry, both home and abroad, Dr Asante has steered the affairs of the West African nation’s indigenous gas company so well that the country has made millions of dollars in savings.
Under his leadership, Ghana made US$42.6 million savings due to utilisation of processed gas from Atuabo in place of Light Crude Oil (LCO) in 2017 and US$206 million in 2018.
Receiving the award on his behalf, Ms Augustina Osei commended the organisers of the awards for recognising the tremendous work the recipient, Dr Asante, has done at Ghana Gas.
Other award winners are below:
- Energy news reporter-Michael Creg Afful
- Emerging Energy Comp-Webber Energy
3.Brand of the Year- Vivo Energy
- CSR of year- Kosmos Energy
- Innovation Project-VRA
- Energy Consultancy-ACEP
- Off grid Energy Solution-TOTAL GH
- Energy Efficient Organisation Private – Ashesi University
- Energy Efficient Public-Energy Commission
- Energy Institution – Petroleum commission
- Excellence in power generation- Karpowership
- Strategic Deal-Springfield
- Clean Energy Initiative-
- Rising Star- Ernest Amissah
- Rising Star company, Renewable –
16.Energy Company Power-Bui Power Authority
- Energy Company, Petroleum-Ghana Gas
18.Energy Company Renewable – Strategic Security System
- Industry Leadership Power- GRIDCo
- Industry Leadership Petroleum-GOIL
- Energy Business Leadership, Male- Senyo Hosi
22.Energy Business Leadership Female – Efuwa Quansah
- CEO Power-Emmanuel Antwi Darkwa
24.CEO Petroleum – Alhassan Tampuli
- Osagyefo young leadership – Benjamin Boakye
- Exemplary leadership-Peter Amewu